ALL POOL AND SPA DRAIN COVERS HAVE BEEN RECALLED. JUNE 2011
- The manufacturers of the recalled drain covers are: A&A Manufacturing of Phoenix; AquaStar Pool Products of San Diego; Color Match Pool Fittings of Surprise, Ariz.; Custom Molded Products of Tyrone, Ga.; Hayward Pool Products of Elizabeth, N.J.; Pentair Water Pool and Spa of Sanford N.C.; Rising Dragon USA of Sweetwater, Tenn.; and Waterway Plastics of Oxnard, Calif.
- Basically every single drain cover made before july 2011 is recalled. This laws is immediate with all commercial pools /spas by law. Residential properties are required if property is for sale , or prior to inspection for sale. All other typical residential homes are only recommended and are the owners responsibilty but some isurances may drop the coverage if the update is not corrected. We recommend looking into your homeowners insurance policy individually.
JANUARY 1ST NEW MOTOR LAW JANUARY 1, 2012
ARIZONA NEW POOL MOTOR ENERGY SAVING LAW
- The Pool Pump and Portable Spa Energy Efficiency Standards will go into effect Jan. 1, 2012, and will require two-speed, multi-speed, or variable-speed pumps on all residential installations with a pump size more than 1hp. It also mandates that the standby power on portable electric spas falls below a certain measurement, which is calculated according to the spa’s internal area and gallon measurement.
- Standards do not require homeowners to replace single-speed units immediately, but however all new and replacement installations installed after Jan. 1, 2012, must fit the new law requirements.
ANTHEM EAST WATER RATE INCREASE
- Anthem and other communities the Arizona Corporation Commission ruled on December 15th to allow increases for Arizona American Water Company. The decision will increase Anthem water bills by about 40%. The first part of the new rates will go into effect on January 1, 2011, so you will likely see the new rates on your February bill. Specifically, average water bills for 5/8″ water pipes of $89 will increase to Approximately $126 per month. Residents with 1″ pipes will see their average water bill rise from $119 to approximately $170. The rates for wastewater are to remain the same until June, 2012.
- Residents of Anthem East may want to dial back irrigation systems or put off refilling the swimming pool in the first quarter of 2012. New Arizona American Water wastewater rates go into effect in June based on your actual water usage in January, February and March for the more than 8,000 customers in this area.
This is a great time to tighten water usage anyway, as the second wave of rate increases takes effect Jan. 1, 2012. Expect the third wave to hit this time next year